I'm having such a good time and even I was surprised how much I got done this week. It's mostly all little things but it feels good to tick so many things off the list!
- Tetris block for the QAL. I loved making this, it's seriously so fun! There's some great prizes on offer so you should visit Melissa at Happy Quilting.
- Wiggly bags. I ran these up in minutes to help a great cause, visit Emily for more details and so you can help too!
- Pincushion. This was made from a freezer paper pieced block I made during a class with Kerry at the Fat Quarterly Retreat. I love the block but not the process and since I wasn't about to do it again (just didn't click, I'm sticking with foundation and english paper piecing!) I thought I'd make it a cute pincushion for my friend!
- Postcards from Paris cushion - blogged here!
- Retro Flowers QAL - I managed to finish my sad 1/2 block and make another one! So two down...
The backing fabric is the same it just looks different in these pictures from some reason! I'm using Essex Linen in Steel.
- 3 pouches! This one is for a friend who is going home to Germany so I made it British! Actually it's London, so I tagged it with Manchester! I also added some cobbled grey lining fabric, how Manucunian :)
The other two are end of year presents for my son's teachers. I knew I wanted to do some embroidery and apples seem so appropriate.
The patterns are from the book Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection by Aimee Ray
I really love how these turned out and am sure I'll do this again! I used this tutorial to make the pouches.
- Stained QAL, no finish since last week and it's only a bit of binding to be shown on, sheesh!!
- Baby quilt - chug, chug, chug
- Rose star - no complete blocks but a bit of basting
- Thread bag - nearly done. Just stitching the lining and need to make dividers.
new projects: 1
in progress: 6
Thank you to the local pound shop and these great plastic shoe boxes, I also managed to tidy up my scraps this week. Aaaahhhh it just feels so good to be organised!
Hope you've all been having a great week and now permission to kick me up the bum to finish the Stained quilt...