**Make sure you enter the GIVEAWAY before Friday!**
So I said I was being relaxed about my sewing, which I totally am but oddly that seems to mean getting more done! I have been flitting around working on bits here and there and even starting a couple of new projects. Taking the pressure off myself feels so good and makes sewing way more fun - surely the whole point!!
- Vintage Holiday QAL, which became a tree skirt:
- Birthday crown for my son's friend:
This was heavily influenced by Maureen's beautiful crowns and I used this tutorial by Frontier Dreams for the construction. I didn't have felt so I used cotton, sewed on some yo-yos with buttons and appliqued some leaves. It was fun to make and something special for the birthday girl!
So many birthdays to attend!! I guess that's what happens when your kid goes to school. We had two parties last week, two more this weekend and one next week. That means present sewing...
- 2 pouches using lovely Aneela Hooey 'Walk in the Woods'
- A little lap quilt for my daughter's friend. I'm using up scraps of lovely bird, garden, flowery prints so this one will be called the Girly Garden quilt! I already had some charms cut up left over from other projects and hopefully the scrappy works. We go to playgroup with this adorable girl, her mother has been a great friend and support each week as we sit, drink coffee and chat while the girls play! Actually I've known her since I had my son, who used to play at the same group with her older daughter and we were even pregnant with our youngest girls at the same time! I will miss her terribly next year when they start nursery.
- Baby quilt. Top done, needs pressing along with the backing and the binding:
- Braid quilt, a couple more strips done:
- Rose Star block number 19:
- Kids project, coming along, there's a few elements but it's coming together.
- pin cushion
- Blogger's BOM
- Retro Flowers
- Granny Blanket (Rachel so needs to come over again I think I might have forgotten what to do I've left it so long!!!)
- HFWYG QAL
I'm 28 weeks, in the last trimester and apparently the baby can now open it's eyes and has eyelashes! I'm getting very little sleep, still lots of reflux. I've also got restless legs syndrome... I'm the most moaning hormonal monster right now (my poor husband!). There are moments though, deep and pure moments where I can honestly say I'm so utterly happy, so connected to this growing, kicking baby that I feel filled up with love...
if that wasn't sickly enough we've also been cooking some flapjack!
new projects: 3
in progress: 12
Hope you're all having happy, pressure free sewing time too!
Not wanting to be an enabler but you have to check the amazing clearance sale over at Fresh Squeezed Fabrics, there are gorgeous fabrics at just over two pounds a yard!!! Really! Be quick!