I followed this pattern by SunFlower quilts.
As I was literally sitting at my machine about to sew on the borders I decided not to. I love it as it is. So I just turned it into binding instead.
I have an old curtain reading to use as backing but I'm afraid this might turn into one of those UFOs because I'm out of wadding. It'll get done eventually.
I also managed to finish my first attempt at embroidery. This is for my little girl (I'll have to get a frame or hoop to put in her room).
I used a pattern from Sublime Stitching and also read their excellent 'how-to' section to practice different stitches.
It's simple and I didn't add too much to the design, just the 'J' and the french knots on the pinafore. I love that it's not too cute and there's an edge of mean to the face! Like the little one when she's being grumpy ;)
I've a lot to learn and the back is an utter mess!! But oh well! On to the one for the boy :)