The rules are to answer the questions, tag 11 people and get them to answer your 11 questions and so on.
First off I was tagged by my fabulous friend Rachel at Mammafairy Sews, here's what she asked:
1. If you could live in any country in the world, which would you choose, and why?
It's a tough one but most probably Canada, I love it!! It's not too far to New York either!
2. What started you sewing?
I have always done little bits on and off since I can remember but I started sewing last Summer, to make things for my kids. Two wonderful women in my family quilt so that was a great encouragement and once I'd seen the amazing things going on in blogland that was such an inspiration.
3. Did you ever feel like never doing it again?why?
Yes. Not that I didn't want to but I have wobbles where I feel like I'm not very good at it.
4. Which gizmo has made your life truly easier?
Getting Judy Janome from my mum made a huge difference, my basic machine couldn't cope!! I'm not sure a sewing machine counts as a gizmo though so I'd say rotary cutter and cutting mat.
5. What do you do for a living- if you are a stay at home now, what did you do before?
I was manager of a make up counter at John Lewis and adored it. Before that I was a lecturer in Sociology at a university for five years.
6. What treat could you not give up?
does coffee count because I can't give that up
7. Which book made you cry the most?
Probably loads (I cry easily) but I remember crying reading I Know This Much Is True Wally Lamb
8. Favourite flower?
9. When did you last overeat, and why?
I might have eaten way too much pizza just before I was ill! I must have needed it ;)
10. What is the most romantic thing that has happened to you?
Everything about my relationship with my husband has been completely romantic. I think when he proposed, my wedding day or the other day when he bought me that hot water bottle!
|that's my sister smacking me in the face on my wedding day, |
a huge flower fight ensued!
Six - it's just magical!
Next up being nosy is the wonderful Susan at Canadian Abroad
1. What is your favourite cartoon from childhood?
Thundercats - HO!
Fuel - it's a vegetarian cafe/bar near me. Not rated, or fancy - plain and simple, cosy and welcoming.
3. If you could buy any fabric bundle you wanted right now (someone else was paying) what would it be?
If someone else was paying I wouldn't say no to an Oakshott ColourBox!
4. What is your favourite quilt made by someone else? (Please include a link or photo if that is possible.)
This one makes me cry every time I look at it, it's so utterly perfect in my eyes. Mary @ Molly Flanders' Lark Quilt
5. I need a day on the beach. Where would you recommend?
San Francisco and take me with you!
6. If a sewing retreat could be held in the place of your choice and all your friends would be able to attend where would you have it?
The Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester
7. What is the first sign of Spring for you?
Daffodils and blossom
8. Do you have a favourite smell?
The smell after it's rained really heavily
9. If you drink wine, what do you prefer - red, white or pink? If you don't drink wine, what is your favourite drink?
Well I like pink and a bit of white but I'm a total lightweight so rarely drink alcohol. Just lots of coffee!
10. What sewing task do you dread the most?
It's funny because it depends what mood I'm in - at various points I can dread all different things but once I'm doing it I love it!! I sort of hate finishing something if I'm enjoying making it, it's like the fun is all over... until I start again!
11. You are making me a desert - what is it, and will you give me the recipe?
Lemon Blueberry Bread hot out of the oven and sure, here it is
So that's it from me.
I'm tagging these fine folk, so hopefully I can learn some randomness about them!
Becky at The Barefoot Seamstress
Catherine at Sew Wonderful Life
Cindy at Live A Colorful Life
Deborah at Simply Miss Luella
Erin at Billy Button Design
Jessica at Messy Jesse
Kelly at Jeliquilts
Laura at Quokka Quilts
M-R at Quilt Matters
Rebecca at Making Rebecca Lynne
Steph at Hope Sewing Is Genetic
1. What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?
2. What is your favourite time of day?
3. Which colour of fabric do you use the most?
4. Did you have a toy/blanket that you took to bed when you were little?
5. What song always gets stuck in your head?
6. What's the best concert you've ever been to?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. Camping or a hotel?
9. Do you have a nickname?
10. Can you play any instruments?
11. Would you rather call/text/email or write a letter?
If you made it through all that you deserve a blinking medal!!
Two final things, I've added a couple of new buttons on my sidebar, check these out:
If she's recovered from her lovely weekend I'll be linking up to:
p.s. I'm behind on blog reading yet again and I'm going to be without my computer for the next few days because it's being pimped. I'll be reading blogs but it's too fiddly to comment on my phone, sorry if I seem awol.